MedicoRx® Specialty Pharmacy Oncology Medication Therapy Management Program Our oncology trained pharmacists specialize in oncology medications and infusion therapy. We work together with your oncologists, nurse practitioners, nurses and other providers to ensure safe medications use, adherence, and continuity of care. Our exclusive Medication Therapy Management services provide ongoing monitoring of your complete medical history as well as one-on-one counseling from our knowledgeable and experienced pharmacists to address your questions and concerns about medications, their side effects, and any other matters that may arise throughout treatment. In these consultations, we can help you become more actively involved in your treatment. Our MTM trained oncology pharmacists can answer any questions about your medications, vitamins, and herbal remedies. We will also make sure that the medications do no interact with any other prescription or over-the-counter medications you are taking. By making sure that you are only taking the medication you need, you can save money and be better able to manage your side-effects. Together, we will work with your physician to make sure everything is done to meet the goals of therapy and ultimately improve your health.
What is Medication Therapy Management? Medication Therapy Management is a service provided by an experienced and clinically trained pharmacist that goes beyond traditional medication consultations. These confidential appointments provide in-depth one-on-one review of all of your medications (prescription, over-the-counter, herbal, and nutritional) to ensure that your current drug therapy is both safe and effective. The pharmacist will answer any questions that you may have about the medications that you are currently taking.
Who can schedule an appointment for this service? Medication Therapy Management is available to anyone who is concerned about their own or loved one medication usage. The service is complimentary and participation is entirely voluntary. We advise our patients that they are free to opt-in and opt-out at any time and at their own discretion. Participation in the program can be discontinued at any time.
Advantages of MedicoRx® Specialty Pharmacy Oncology Medication Therapy Management:
- Insurance Billing
- MedicoRx® Specialty Pharmacy has extensive experience in managing costs associated with medication delivery.
- Our Prior Authorization Department and Billing Department were the innovators in the area of managing costs for our patients.
- Our staff prides in their ability to assist the eligible patient in a time-sensitive, expedient, and efficient manner assuring that the continuity of care is not interrupted.
- Our patients and medical partners can be assured that we will use our expertise and knowledge to make sure that eligible patients will continue to receive the necessary care that is affordable, safe, and timely
- Medication Adherence Program
- We collaborate with your oncologist, nurse practitioner, and other providers.
- Patient education, emotional support, and assistance programs through our Non-Profit partners.
- Refill reminders and wellness checks tailored to specific disease and therapy.
- Complete patient educational materials shipped with each prescription
- Multi-language capabilities.
- Clinical pharmacist support and consultation available 24/7/365.
- Free same day/overnight delivery direct to your home, office, or designated location.
- Patient care coordinators help with scheduling, deliveries, refills, and all administrative issues.
Technological Tools offered by MedicoRx® Specialty Pharmacy
- Daily two-way text messages reminding your patients to take their medications and enabling them to report back intake.
- Escalation alerts to caregiver when intake not reported by patient.
- Self-reported intake can be monitored via on-line dashboard, including calendar, by patients and program managers.
- Monthly motivational and educational messages further ensuring compliance.
- Automated monthly refill reminders ensuring uninterrupted therapy.